Want to spend your summer learning about gluten-free and healthy baking in a happy, healthy, hands-on environment? Join The Red Bandana for our third annual summer camps! We’ll learn about baking, food science, the food business, and culinary history through fun activities including hands-on baking, decorating, games, puzzles and crafts.
- Camp will run Monday-Friday August 7-11 2023
- Morning sessions run Monday-Friday from 10am-12 pm and cost $300/week
- Afternoon sessions run Monday-Friday from 12:30pm-2:30 pm and cost $300/week
- All-day sessions run Monday-Friday from 10am-2:30pm and cost $500/week (refer a friend and get $100 off!)
- Recommended for ages 8-12
To register, fill out this registration form and bring it into the shop or email it to [email protected]!
What to Expect:
- We will do one baking project together every morning and another one every afternoon. Morning and afternoon projects will be different so that all-day campers get a new experience with each session.
- Campers will eat or take home the baked goods they’ve made every day. Campers will get the opportunity to customize their portion of the recipes but we will work together on one batch (as opposed to individual workstations).
- While baked items are proofing/baking/cooling, campers will participate in puzzles, games, and illustration projects that reinforce what we’re learning. Not every minute can be active baking time, but campers should expect the down-time to be creative and educational.
- This is an indoor camp. For safety and security reasons at this location we will not be doing any outdoor activities—please do not expect camp to include sports or physical games/activities.
What to Wear:
- Closed-toe shoes (crocs or sneakers are ok, flip flops are a safety hazard)
- Hair that is long enough to make a ponytail must be tied back at all times
- We have loaner aprons for you to wear while baking. If you’d like a Red Bandana t-shirt or apron those may be ordered ahead of time for $20 each by emailing Jaimie (they take 2 weeks to come in).
What to Bring:
- All-day campers can bring lunch money to buy lunch here, or a lunch from home (but all lunch items must be gluten-free and peanut-free).